Monday, October 29, 2012

As I Grow


As I Grow

Please...

Understand that I am 
growing up and changing
very fast. It must be difficult to keep pace with
me, but please try.

Listen to me and give me 
brief, clear answers to my
questions. Then I will keep 
sharing my thoughts and
feelings.

Reward me for telling the
truth. Then I am not 
frightened into lying.

Tell me when you make
mistakes and what you
learned from them. Then I
can accept that I am OK,
even when I blunder.

Pay attention to me, and
spend time with me. Then I
can believe that I am
important and worthwhile.

Do the things you want
me to do. Then I have a 
good, positive model.

Trust and respect me.
Even though I am smaller
than you, I have feelings
and needs just like you.

Compliment and
appreciate me. Then I'll 
feel good, and I'll want to
continue to please you.

Help me explore my
unique interests, talents 
and potential. In order for
me to be happy, I need to be
me, and not you or someone
you want me to be.

Be an individual and
create your own happiness.
Then you can teach me the 
same, and I can live a 
happy, successful and
fulfilling life.

~Helene Rothschild


4 comments:

  1. Very true words. Very few understand parenting when they undertake the daunting task, but thankfully children are very forgiving.
    Keep up the God work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! New follower from the mingle.

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog! Glad I found it. New follower from Mom's Monday Mingle.
    Erin
    http://travelingkidsonthego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and it rings true to what all parents should do with their kids. I am following you now and look forward to your next post.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-version-of-fall.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...